Dr. Weiler is passionate about responsible environmental stewardship and maintaining the highest standards of sustainability in dentistry. At Weiler Orthodontics and Invisalign, we lead out in numerous ways, including:
- Aligner Recycling — We are one of the first orthodontic practices to recycle aligners, which require a specialized recycling process. We encourage our Invisalign patients to save both used and unused aligners so we can recycle them, and we make it easy to do!
- Plastic Recycling — In addition to aligner recycling, we also utilize local resources to recycle consumer plastic in the office
- Biodegradable gloves — Dr. Weiler uses special biodegradable gloves that completely degrade in a landfill within 2 years (unlike most medical-grade gloves in use today, which never completely degrade, even after decades in a landfill!)
- Biodegradable trash bags — We use biodegradable disposables as much as possible, including biodegradable trash bags.
- Compostable Keurig K-cups — This is another way we strive to utilize environmentally responsible disposables.
- Reusable tote bags — We give these away to reduce the amount of plastic bags used in our community!
- Cardboard recycling — We break down all the cardboard that comes into our office (which is a lot!) and recycle it here locally.
Our hard work toward sustainability has earned us the first-ever Sustainability Certification from a leading orthodontic organization!